Thursday, May 17, 2007

Spirit to Serve

As part of Marriott's Associate Appreciation Week, we participated in the Spirit to Serve our Communities program yesterday. It was a really fun day. My department went to the Izaak Walton League (a 53 acre conservation organization) to help clean, weed, paint, clear land, put up fences, etc. Luckily the rain held off until we were just finishing up and we had a blast! (And I got a tour of the shooting range...it's cool! I may try to go back and do some shooting there!

My group was sent to the "old homestead" where we cleared trees, sticks, weeds, leaves, etc. from a very old foundation that was discovered a few years ago. They're hoping to get funding to excavate the area and do more research to find out what was there and how old it is. Here we are after clearing the area.

And here's a photo of a little baby fox we discovered near the site we were clearing if I get better photos, I'll post them). She followed us around a bit (we had to be careful not to touch her) and then took a little nap. When we left, we heard (and our guide saw) mama fox come and get her.

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Oh my goodness. How did you restrain from touching that fox! I guess if I knew that the mama would reject it I wouldn't do it...but I want to. He's so cute!
What a fun work day.