Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Russian

I had my first Russian class last night. There are only 5 of us in the class, which is nice because we'll get extra attention, but also can be bad because we'll get extra attention. I think I'm going to enjoy this instructor, if only I can get used to her thick, Russian-accented English! We learned most of the alphabet last night and did a lot of repeating words. I've found that forming some of the sounds is a challenge for my mouth, but I'm confident I'll get it eventually. I think I'll feel better once I learn this new alphabet...right now it's pretty overwhelming. But, I'm really excited about this class and hope to learn enough to get around when I go to Russia. Anna, I may be calling Chase for some assistance with pronounciation!

Here's a little Russian for you all!

Привет мои друзья! Я тоскую без Вас всех!

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Call anytime, girlie. Chase will be thrilled to hear you're learning the mother tongue.