Thursday, January 11, 2007

Job Hunting...Part One

I've now entered the fun, fun world of job hunting. Since I'm 95% sure I'm going to take the severance package offered by Ford, as of March 1st I'll be unemployed. SO SCARY. And as exciting as it is to explore the plethora of opportunites that are out there, expecially in D.C., I've discovered many roadblocks along the way. There are so many jobs I'm finding that I would love to try, if only those obstacles weren't there! For example, college degree required to even get an interview, fluency in a foreign language is a must, application process takes 6 months to 2 years, security clearance necessary, previous Capitol Hill experience required. I forgot how ego-bruising this process can be! I have to remember that I'm not some inexperienced 24-year-old...I have 10 years with a Fortune 500 company! So, my plan is to give my resume to EVERYONE I can and hope for some great interviews! ;)

Sports update: Pitt men's basketball won again last night and are now ranked #7! I just got tickets to see Pitt vs. Georgetown next month and I'm excited!

I've also heard some buzz on the new Dave Matthews Band album that's due out this year. Supposedly, it'll be their best in a while, so I'm looking forward to hearing it. I'm also look forward to concerts this summer. The band is playing in Vegas next month...I'm very tempted! So, as my first photo post, I thought I'd put up some photos from one of the Philly concerts last summer (where I was in the 5th row!).

Maybe I'll just go be a roadie for DMB...



1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

DMB! 5th Row?!?! Jerk!
Do you want me to give your resume to my Dad? He also worked for a Fortune 500 company once upon a time:)