Wednesday, January 10, 2007

1st Blog...

Okay, I've done it, I've caved to peer pressure and created a blog. I kind of feel too old or too much of a dork to be a "blogger". Isn't this stuff reserved for the 20-somethings who are all high-tech and computer savvy? Or for those who live a life-less-ordinary? Or for people who have kids and love sharing photos (which I do enjoy seeing!)? At any rate, here I am. Hopefully I can even make it a little interesting.

Well, it's restaurant week here in D.C. And I love it. Most of the fancy, expensive restaurants in the District offer $30 dinner menus and $20 lunch menus all week long. It's a great opportunity to go to places I'd never try in real life. I mean, really, who can afford $60 for dinner, especially at a place where the portions are small (albeit super fancy) and where you feel like you have to buy a new outfit just to go? We went to a great Asian-fusion place on Monday called Ten Pehn (it's on the corner of 10th and Pennsylvania...get it?). Amazing food, great service and the best lobster bisque I've had in ages. We're headed to a place in Georgetown on Sat. as well. I do love D.C.!

My roommate Jen and I went to see The Queen last night. Incredible movie and I highly recommend it. If Helen Mirren doesn't win an Oscar for this performance, I may write a letter. The subtlety of her emotions was brilliant. I originally thought this would just be a "bash-the-Royal-Family" kind of movie, but I was wrong. I thought it was extremely well done.

Okay, I think that's enough rambling for now...and once I learn how to post photos, I'll put some up!

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

I love that I am the FIRST to leave a comment on your blog! And don't worry about having a blog...it was bound to happen. They're so hot right now.
So what else did you have at Ten Pehn?
LOVE that you're blogging!