Monday, January 15, 2007

Job Hunting - Chapter 2

I'm officially on the job hunt now. I went to a Stake employment meeting yesterday. It was incredible. There are so many people in my Stake who are WAY connected. I came out of that meeting with contact names/emails, websites to explore, resume help and info on the Foreign Service Exam in April. I have a lot to do! There are great jobs out there that I didn't even know existed. Now I just have to find the right one for me.

It's definitely been a great few weeks for movies. On Friday we went downtown to a cool little theater to see The Painted Veil. In case you haven't heard of it, it stars Edward Norton and Naomi Watts. If you already love Edward Norton, you will love him even more by the end of this incredible movie. If you don't already love him...shame on you. And on Saturday, we hit another great restaurant in Georgetown called Mie N Yu. The food was good but forgettable, however the atmosphere was very cool. I'll definitely go back.


Today will be spent catching up on email, trying to finish some books I've been sharing my bed with and working on my seemingly never-ending quest to find the perfect job. Wish me luck!


No comments: