Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend

What a nice, relaxing weekend...we really needed it! We all had crazy weeks and just needed some time to relax. I ran some errands (and cleaned) on Saturday and then hung out with Michelle B. who was in town visiting from Colorado. It was great to see her and get to catch up! On Sunday I had to teach the rugrats (I mean 6-year-olds), which was good, but I'm always exhausted afterwards. We all relaxed in the afternoon, had dinner with our friend Jamie and then watched "Extreme Makeover Home Edition", which we all love. And now it's Monday again...oh joy.

And of course, Friday was the big steak dinner at Ray's the Steaks. We had to wait in line for an hour and a half (they don't take reservations), but it was SO worth it! Hands down the best steak I've ever had. The restaurant is great. It's super tiny, nothing on the walls, plain tables & chairs, but great service and amazing food! They were quick to get our food out to us, which was nice because we were STARVING by the time we got seated. We started with soup (I had incredible crab bisque), then had our steaks (I had a filet with blue cheese sauce), enjoyed the sides (mashed potatoes and creamed spinach) and finished with dessert (I had strawberries and cream, which was to die for!). All that, plus a soda and a generous tip and I walked out of there only spending $40! I'll definitely go back and anyone who comes to visit MUST try this place out!

The NFL draft was very interesting. Brady Quinn had to wait until pick #22 and then ended up being drafted by the Cleveland Browns?!? Poor guy. I think the Steelers had a successful draft. We picked up some good defensive talent and I'm anxious to see what Mike Tomlin does with the team this year. I love the summer, but I'm excited for football season!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

It was great seeing you too!!! I wish I could have spent some more time with you...September is just right around the corner, right?!

Yeah, so sad about Brady...but at least the Browns had an amazing draft and maybe, just maybe they can be less horrible this upcoming season and Brady can make an impact!!!