Thursday, April 19, 2007

Crazy Bird Lady


This is my mom. She's turned into the crazy bird lady and I mean that in a very loving way. She's babysitting two birds for a friend in her ward and she loves it (just as much as dad pretends to hate it). She has always loved watching birds, she gets it from her father. I remember Grandpa sitting in his chair by the window with binoculars, watching the different bird feeders they had in the backyard. Whenever mom's home she's playing with these birds. I called her the other night and could hear them chirping away. The bigger green bird is Scooby. He's trained to say a few things and do some tricks. He's pretty moody, but when he feels like it he'll sit on your finger and let you pet his head. The little blue bird is Birdie. He's new and Scooby isn't crazy about him. Birdie flies around and lands where he pleases (Scooby can't fly and I think he's a bit jealous). Birdie is very hyper and doesn't stay in one place very long. He doesn't talk, but makes little noises that sound like R2 D2...pretty funny. My mom has really been enjoying having the birds around, and I have to admit, it's cool to play with them. I mean, I'm actually holding birds!


Dad feeding the birds...they loved the bread! I knew he didn't really hate them!


When I was home last weekend I finally got to meet Abby, the daughter of my good friends Darron & Robyn Billeter. She's so adorable!!! We had a great time and it was so amazing to see Darron with his daughter. I knew he'd be a great dad and it's always fun to be right!



Eileen and I are headed up to UMass this weekend to see Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds play. It's our first Dave & Tim show and we're VERY excited. It'll be a whirlwind weekend (7 hour drive up on Sat. and 7 hour drive home on Sun.), but we don't care...it'll be worth it. I'll be sure to take a lot of photos to post!

No comments: