Monday, September 10, 2007

I love New York!

My roommate Jen and I went to New York last week. I love that city SO much. The weather was amazing and we shared the city with MANY other visitors to the city. We had a lot packed into 2 1/2 days, but we made the most of it. We decided that we wanted to see two shows, so on Saturday, we saw Spamalot (SO FUNNY) and then Jersey Boys (WOW). They were two very different shows, but both incredible. Spamalot made us laugh the entire time and Jersey Boys was full of great music from beginning to end. I loved it! Sunday we went to church (I love going to church out of town) and met up with Susan, Emily H. and Duane, and then hung out in Central Park all afternoon. We had a late lunch at a great Italian place (see the photo of my yummy food!) and then put our name in at Serendipity (the wait was 3 hours) for dessert. I met up with Emily Price and her husband Jonathan (they live in NYC now)...it was great to see Emily and catch up. Plus, I was happy to have Emily meet my D.C. friends because I think everyone should know Emily! On Monday we walked around by our hotel (we stayed near the South Street Seaport (near the Brooklyn Bridge) and it was a fun part of town! After a nice, relaxing train ride (no sitting in Labor Day traffic), we were home. I'm ready to go back and play in that city again!

No comments: