Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another Birthday...

Last weekend I celebrated yet another birthday. Funny how they have a way of coming around every year, no matter what. At the Maynard House, we celebrate a lot of birthdays in September. My sister's is the 19th, Susan's is the 20th, Amy's is the 21st, mine's the 22nd and Staci's is the 23rd. So we're busy! For Susan's birthday we had a cooking class/demonstration by Debbie where we made some fantastic manicotti. Then we had a dinner for Amy's birthday at Maggiano's. So we were ready for some different cuisine. My wonderful roommates (and Staci, the LSU grad) surprised me with a Cajun feast! We had gumbo, shrimp creole, maque choux, cornbread and cherry pie for dessert. I was pretty much in heaven. It was so fun to have a nice, relaxing day which pretty much consisted of sleeping in, getting my hair done (I have such a crush on my stylist...even though he's 24...and gay), shopping and eating! My fabulous roommates got me the external hard drive I've been wanting (I know, boring gift, but I need it!) and tickets to a jazz concert at Kennedy Center and we're all going tomorrow night. Oh, and my wonderful sister Anna sent me some chocolate covered cinnamon bears from Utah (why can't you get those anywhere else?). What a great day!

No other good blogging topics this week, I've just been working too much and trying to get over a stupid cold. Susan and I are going to the Pitt/UVA game in Charlottesville on Saturday, so hopefully I'll get some good photos to post. GO PITT!!! :)

Fall has finally arrived! I love the smell in the air and the cooler mornings as I leave for work. The leaves are starting to change...summer's over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look great! Happy Birthday! Is that CMU Brandon?