Monday, August 4, 2008

Today is a good day because...

I found out last night that I have to leave my McLean 1st Ward family behind to attend a new ward (in a new building) due to boundary changes. I'm pretty sad about it (and I admit it, kinda mad too). I'm hoping I can learn to embrace this change, but right now I'm pretty much dreading going to church on Sunday. Being in McLean 1st has been a huge blessing for me and I've met a lot of people who have touched my life. I guess my biggest fear is that they'll just forget about me and move on (esp. since their ward isn't changing much other than a few people leaving), like it really didn't matter that I was in that ward. I guess I want to believe that I had as much of an effect on some of them as they did on me.

Anyway, I've done this before, but I needed to remember some good things about today...

* It's a bit cooler and less humid out today
* It's quiet in the office and I'm getting a lot done
* Two of my roommates are out of town, so the house will be quiet this week
* I finally booked my flight to Phuket and get to stop in Seoul to visit my brother
* I'm trying out a new deli near my house for dinner tonight
* I'm not sick
* My brother and sister-in-law celebrate their 1st anniversary today
* Pre-season football starts this weekend!

See, there's a lot to be happy about (this is what I'll be repeating over and over in my head all day as I try to convince myself).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Change is always hard! I hope the transition to your new ward goes smoothly for you.

Amanda K said...

First off, I cannot imagine anyone or any place not being influenced by you. Take it from someone who has not been very good about keeping in touch-- you contribute more than you know to everyone around you. And even though people should tell you that more than they do-- they probably won't... because we're all human and we get wrapped up in other things. But never ever doubt what a change you have made in the lives of those you love. You've made a difference in mine.