Tuesday, April 22, 2008

South Korea



Well, it's actually happening. My brother John is moving to Seoul for a year (we hope only 1 year) to teach English. Like a lot of 26 year old's with a degree in theater, he's been struggling to decide what he wants to do with his life. This opportunity came up and I'm proud of him for doing it. I can only imagine how much courage it takes to make a move like this. I moved only 4 hours away and it was terrifying. He's moving across the world and doesn't speak the language. However, he's excited about the adventure and I'm excited for him. Plus, I get to visit him in a few months on my way home from a work trip to Thailand. It'll be very cool to have him show me around Seoul. He'll be blogging while he's there, so I'll be sure to have his blog in my "friends" list...feel free to check it out!
Good luck Johnny...we'll miss you!

2 comments:

Anna@Exasperation said...

Wowza! Brave!

Unknown said...

What an adventure!!
You know my husband served his mission in Korea, and we thought about doing the English teaching thing together ... never really got that far in our thought process, though.
Good luck to John!