Thursday, April 3, 2008

Japan

I've finally uploaded my photos from Japan...I took over 500, so I'll just post a few highlights here. We had a fantastic trip and I loved Japan! In fact, I'd like to post about some of the things I'll miss.

Top Ten Things I'll Miss About Japan

10 - Bowing. I loved watching people bow to each other...such a respectful gesture
9 - Hi-chew, my favorite Japanese candy (I stocked up though)
8 - The precision of the train schedule
7 - Women wearing kimonos
6 - Cool Buddhist temples
5 - The cool vending machines (on every block!)
4 - Everything being individually wrapped (And I do I mean everything)
3 - Torii gates and little neighborhood shrines
2 - The AMAZING level of service EVERYWHERE
1 - Heated toilet seats


Here are a few photos for you to enjoy!

Torii gate in Meiji Shrine

Cool vending machine Torii gate at Miyajima (one of my favorite places)
Pagoda (I'm in there too!) at Toshogu shrine in Nikko

Golden Pavilion in Nara
Heated toilet seat!
Buddah at Todai-ji temple (he was huge!)
Mt. Fuji from the train (we were lucky to see it...no fog!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hazembullers said...

Sara, I had heard about Japanese toilets but I never could have imagined... Next time you go you need to get me one :).
We hope to see you soon!
Rafa & Co.