Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Soup

Lately I've been eating a lot of soup. Why not? It's good, there are many varities, it's low fat, low in calories and fills me up. It started with the Marriott cafeteria. It's been a busy few weeks, with many lunches spent at my desk working and soup is an easy choice. Plus, there are three different kinds served each day and they're different every day of the week. And they're GOOD. Last week alone I had some great soup...tomato basil, potato leek, butternut squash, lentil and good old fashioned vegetable. Soup & Diet Coke have pretty much been my meals at work for a while now.

So I decided to not only eat it in the cafeteria, but to try to make some at home (less expensive). Last weekend I made some great (if I do say so myself) vegetable/bean soup...full of tomatoes, green beans, chick peas, black beans, zucchini, celery, carrots, etc. I ate it most of the weekend and again for lunch today. My roommates enjoyed it as well.

Now I'm on a mission...and this is where all you blog readers come in! I'm looking for some good soup recipies. A few rules though...I'm NOT a good cook, so please make the recipies easy. Skip the heavy, creamy soups (too many calories). Cold soups welcomed. I'm dying for a good (easy) borscht recipe. And no mushrooms allowed! Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

I'll talk to Chase about the borscht. I know he's made it before. And I have a KILLER baked potato soup recipe that's easy and can be made with skim milk (which is what I do) instead of cream, so it's not super fatty, but it's delish. I'll email you, though.
p.s. I'm totally considering a Toyota minivan. Get used to the idea now so that when/if I buy one we can still be friends...