Monday, February 19, 2007

New York City

My roommates and I went to New York last weekend and had a BLAST! We were really afraid of the weather, but got lucky. It was cold, but certainly not miserable...the sun was out most of the weekend and we were able to be inside enough to stay warm. Here's a great photo of the "literary walk" in Central Park...one of my most favorite places in the world. Don't you just love the trees? I can't explain how beautiful it is there. I took a ton of tree photos...yep, I'm a dork.


This is the Imagine memorial in Central Park...it's a beautiful place to think and reflect and has become a very special place to me. My dad told me about it a long time ago and I visit it everytime I'm in NYC.



This is our ghetto hotel room in NYC. Yes, that's it, no tricks or mirrors, you're seeing the entire room. There's a TINY bathroom next to where I'm standing (only one person can fit in it at a time). Now that I'll be working for Marriott, I'll NEVER have to stay in a hotel like this again!


One reason we went to NYC was to see "The Apple Tree" starring Kristin Chenoweth. She was FANTASTIC. The show is separated into three one-act plays. It was funny, witty, full of great music and a perfect showcase of the actors' talents. I see some Tony awards in the future for this cast!


Of course, I had to stop by the stage door afterwards. I've had some great stage door luck and this was no exception. We were right in the front and got some great photos of Kristin and Brian D'Arcy James (the male lead...so adorable). They were both very nice to everyone and we got to chat with them a bit. Kristin smiled and talked to everyone in that huge crowd. We told her what huge fans we were and that we loved how she commanded that stage so well (and she's only 4' 11"!). She thanked us and even told my roommate Jen that she had seen her in the audience!




I'm also back on my "see-a-famous-person-in-NYC" kick (besides at the stage door). We saw Carson from "Queer Eye for a Straight Guy" at the show! I also enjoyed some fun window shopping on 5th Avenue...I went to Tiffanys and also to FAO Schwartz, where I got to watch two really funny guys play the big piano!

1 comment:

Anna@Exasperation said...

great pic of Kristin in her burberry!
hope you're coming to dallas...