Thursday, September 18, 2008

Confessions...

Hello, my name is Sara and I'm a blog-stalker. Yes, I admit it. Though it's not entirely my fault. I have funny friends who have cute kids. And these friends have funny friends, sisters, SILs, almost SILs, etc., who also have cute kids. Plus, they develop trendy ways to write blogs. It's too much to resist. I only wish I could be that funny...and maybe I'll make up some cute kids. :) I'm also too tired to be trendy, so I'm sticking with good old fashioned bullet points.

  • It's been a LONG week. I've been at the office until 8:00 every night with no end in sight. Plus I have to teach (my first Relief Society lesson in two years) on Sunday. I'm not ready. At all. And yes, I am freaking out about it. It kind of makes me miss teaching in Primary where I could fill up the left-over time with coloring. Somehow I don't think that'll work in RS.
  • When I'm stressed out I crave chocolate. My current cravings include Junior Mints and Ben & Jerry's cake batter ice cream (with a fudge frosting swirl...WOW).
  • I'll be 35 on Monday. There, I finally said it out loud (well, not out loud, but you get the idea). That number makes me panic a little bit. It's my "scary age" and I never really thought I'd get here because it always seemed so far away. My life is nothing like I imagined it would be when I hit 35. In some ways it's better, in some ways, not better. But it's here so I have to face it. I know I still have some time to get married and have kids, it'll just be a little harder now.
  • I wish someone would explain the traffic patterns on the beltway. One minute I'm cruising along with traffic at 70 miles an hour. Then, all of a sudden we all stop. Then we start and again, we're at 70 MPH. There are no accidents, no cops, no lights, no bad weather. Traffic just slows down randomly. It's painfully frustrating. I wish I could view it from the sky so I could see why this happens. And if there's rain (or as my dad calls it, "liquid stupid"), forget it.
  • The only guy I've been remotely interested in over the last couple of years is 7 years younger than me.
  • I think I'm addicted to Diet Coke.

5 comments:

Libby said...

It's okay...you can stalk me. And, FYI, my kids are way more adorable in cyberspace than they are when they're resisting naptime.

Happy birthday next week! (If it's any consolation, Scott just turned 40....)

Amanda K said...

I'm a total blog stalker. It's true. I think you are fabulous though and believe me, kids are never as cute as their blogs make them out to be.

You want to read something funny? Check out www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com

It's a mock blog and it totally captures all the funny (and ridiculous) trends in LDS blogs. It'll make you smile (or sick...)

Love you!

Mike and Madelyn said...

I am a blog stalker as well, but I must say that your blog is totally entertaining! I love reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara!

Hope you had a great birthday! I would like to know who this boy that you've been interested in the last few years is...do I know him?!!?! Who cares if he's younger, it's not like you are an old lady! Go for it!

Michele

Anna@Exasperation said...

Blog stalking is fantastic. Wanna know a secret? I think I made up that term, "blog stalking." I've been using it for years and I remember thinking I was quite witty. Though it's kinda obvious so maybe a bunch of people made it up at the same time.
Anyway, my kids are astonishingly cute, it's true. But mostly when they're asleep.