Sunday, October 14, 2007

Riding Horses

Yesterday was AMAZING. Our former Bishop and his wife have some land out in the country and on that land are their horses. These horses are incredible. A few of them a broken and the rest are still wild. They're gentled and they're no longer skittish around humans, but they haven't been broken...yet. We did a lot of riding and spent some time with the wild horses, getting to know them a bit as well. It was interesting how we were all drawn to different horses. Here's my favorite, a wild Mustang named Shadow.


He's gorgeous. And not too big, Just right for me. We bonded a bit and Bishop Johnson wants us all to come often to help get these horses ready to be ridden. I'm game! I don't realize how much I miss interaction with animals until I'm around them. My camera battery died, or I would have had more photos of us riding the other horses, Billy, Freddy and Dallas (who I bonded with big time!). We went out to the fields and enjoyed the great views while riding. I'm definitely a city girl, but I also love the chance to be outside, dirty and riding horses! I'm anxious to go back!!!


Here are some more photos of the horses including Samson, the horse Staci chose. He's in a lot of the photos because he's the pushy Alpha male who always managed to be front and center!


No comments: